Monday, March 19, 2012

13.1 I'M ONLY HALF CRAZY!!!


Keri and I before the race!!

I actually did it!!  I can not believe 10 months ago I could not even run for 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to pass out and Saturday I ran for 2 hours and 12 minutes.  I wanted to finish in 2 hours and 10 minutes but there were so many people running in the race that I lost some time fighting the crowds.  It is kind of a blur now.  I know I was hurting...I know I was exhausted but it was like an outer body experience and when I think back on it, it is almost like it never happened!!
As soon as we finished Keri said, "So are we going to do the Virginia Beach Half in September?"  Obviously I was still in some sort of blur because I didn't say NO!!!

Keri and I after the race!!!

 I guess most people want to go to Disney after they accomplish something big.  I just wanted to go to Georgetown to DC cupcakes and go shopping.  Georgetown was the cutest town.  I had the best sandwich I have ever eaten(maybe because I had just ran 13.1 miles and all I had eaten all day was an energy bar, a bite of a banana, and a bite of a bagel and it was 2:00) some yummy cupcakes and bought a new running skirt!! 

My reward for running 13.1 miles!
                               

Tomorrow I am going to treat myself to a deep tissue massage!  Then it is back to training for our next adventure.  Maybe the Mud Run in June and then maybe the Virginia Beach Rock and Roll half in September.  Anyone want to join me??  You know the saying is...13.1...I am only half crazy :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you!! You have been a FABULOUS running partner. See you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete