Friday, February 24, 2012

Tomorrow might do me in :)

So I am signed up to run a 10K tomorrow!  For those of you not in the running world that is 6.2 miles!!!  I have not ran but once in the last two weeks due to me being a "Busy Mom on the Go"!  I could not recover from Taylor's cheer weekend in Atlanta.  So getting up at 5:45 to run was not even an option!!  I did run 5 miles one day after work this week and thought I was going to pass out!  So tomorrow should be interesting to say the least.  The race is in South Carolina so Keri and I will leave around 6am in the morning.  It will be great to spend the morning catching up with Keri!!  I just finished downloading a few more songs for my 10K playlist since I was a few songs short.  I will post my playlist tomorrow for anyone interested.  I have tried to download only songs that have between 140-180 beats per minute.  I need all the pick me up and go I can get!!
By the way... we got the call last night that Bryce was drafted to play spring baseball for West Raleigh!  We have heard that over 40 boys were cut and didn't make a team so we were very proud of Bryce!!!  I think Andy was more excited than Bryce :)  He was on the phone all night bragging to all his friends. I would say he was one proud Daddy!! 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle. I noticed your pic this am from your 10k and it caught my eye. I am trying to get back into running, just start back about 5 weeks ago (after a 1 year break) and a friend and I are training for a 1/2. I have done several 5k's and one 10k. I am slooooooow and behind schedule on preparing for a half. Any advice, tips, hints, motivation help you can give would be GREAT! You mentioned posting your playlist, I would love to see it. I have been online today actually looking for music. My music is so needing a spruce up:) Glad to find someone who has an interest in running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny I was never a runner and started off very slow!!! I couldn't even run 50 feet without stopping!! I did the couch to 5K and then the Bridge to 8K program it worked miracles!!! I have been training for the half marathon using the Hal Higdon App on my phone. But the thing that really helped my pace was my music and my running partner!! She ran track in high school(many years ago :) and has legs that go on forever!! So her stride is like a Gazelle!! So I am always trying to catch up with her when I run. So my advice to you is have good upbeat music and fast running partner :) Good Luck!!! Which half are you training for? We are doing the Rock and Roll Half in Washington DC on St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Michelle for taking the time to write back and give advise and share your playlist. I bought the Hal Higdon app after seeing your post on FB and used it yesterday. I loved it!!! I love that it keeps my pace and distance! LOVE it! Also the girl I run with is definately faster than me and keeps me motivated. Great job by the way on your time! If I could run 10 min. mi. consistantly I would be thrilled! Under 9, that is awesome! We are looking into the Raleigh race in April. I'm not so sure that is a good idea being that I'm sure there are more HILLS there than here and I don't need the extra challenge for my first half. There is another race in Oak Island in April, but it is a smaller one. So not quite sure yet. That's great you guys are doing a big race in a couple of weeks! Good luck, you will do great! Thanks again for your help! Hey, I also love looking at your recipes. I am definately going to try the burritos!:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it is at the Tobacco Trail it is pretty flat. Otherwise it is definetly more hilly here. When we ran in Marion last weekend it was soo flat and we were in heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fatty liver disease medications to avoid fatty liver disease medications to
    avoid fatty liver disease medications to avoid

    My website - fatty liver cure and diet

    ReplyDelete